I don’t have the skill needed for writing a picture book, but that doesn’t stop me from dreaming. Here are ten picture books I wish I’d written.
Criteria: Can’t include friends or acquaintances and no obvious classics just to sound writerly.
In no particular order …
- Hippos Go Berserk by Sandra Boynton (or Barnyard Dance – who could possibly choose?)
- The Best Pet of All by David LaRochelle
- Elephant and Piggie series by Mo Willems
- Click, Clack, Moo: Cows That Type by Doreen Cronin
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go by Dr. Seuss
- The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
- The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch
- The Bear Snores On by Karma Wilson
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney
- Owl Babies by Martin Waddell