Some miscellaneous stuff for the weekend:
- I stumbled upon a great blog last night: Moody Writing. Lots of great writing tips in concise posts. Check it out.
- A tweet from a favorite writer during my teen years, Judy Blume. (Yes, I got it from the celebrity tweet book.) When very young I thought Mrs. Lincoln and my mother were in the hospital together, giving birth to Abe and me. Now that’s adorable.
- Writing tip from Kurt Vonnegut: Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
- My best writing advice: Get up, check email, do your social networking, unplug router.
- A great website: Baby Names. If you’re starting new work – or feel a character’s name isn’t working – have fun searching through lists of names. You can search through popular baby names, unique names, popular names from other decades, and more.
Enjoy your weekend!